Sunday 9 February 2014

Painted Cakes


I have been wanting to try painting on cakes for a while and managed to find some time the other week to try it. Its fantastic fun for the frustrated artist in me! If anyone wants a painted cake, just let me know your theme-flowers, landscape, favorite objects, anything! If you have a picture as inspiration, even better. My daughter saw what I was doing and asked to try it. Its her birthday very soon so I thought I might try and let her 'draw' on her own cake using edible pens. It may or may not be tricky- it all depends how light or heavy handed Mia will be when it comes to writing/drawing on her cake. Fondant covered cakes 'set' when left for a few hours or overnight, but they do not dry rock hard, which makes them ideal as cake covers and as canvas for decorating the cakes further. If all goes well, the results will be shown on this blog. Stay tuned!